- Does the story have a clear structure and plot?
- Are the characters adequately developed and relevant?
- Is the story original and engaging?
- Does the film have pace and continuity?
Creativity and Originality
- Does the writing and direction use imaginative and creative ways to convey the theme?
- Does the film exhibit originality?
- Does the film display innovative ideas or story telling techniques?
- How strongly does this entry stimulate thoughts and ideas?
- Does the film provoke an emotional response?
There are three technical components to rate the technical skills and methods used:
- Is the camera steady and are the shots framed and focused?
- Are close-ups and camera angles used to add meaning to the story?
- Is the lighting and camera positioning visually effective?
- Does the editing help to clarify the story and enhance the pacing and flow of the story?
- Are transitions smooth and well-paced or distracting?
- Are the opening titles and closing credits appealing and easy to read?
Audio, Music, Sound Effects
- Does the audio and soundtrack complement the story?
- Is the dialogue and/or narration clear and easy to understand?
- If there are sound effects, are they appropriate to the story or do they detract from the film?