Entries for 2021
RAFFA 2021 red carpet event will take place on Saturday 25th September.
GENRE: Films can be any genre (documentary, music/dance, drama, mystery, horror, social issues, experimental, etc).
LENGTH: Videos are to be no more than 10 minutes in length (including end credits).
ENTRY FORMS DUE: Friday, July 16 by 2pm.
FILM DUE DATE: Friday, July 24 by 2pm.
SUBTITLES: All entries with dialogue not in English or Māori must be subtitled in English.
TAMARIKI / RANGATAHI PROJECTS: If you have had direct input from parents, teachers and/or film mentors please explain what this support has been.
Entrants/entries must have an association with Whāingaroa; our wider community and/or people, and/or portray themes of environment, recreation, sports, arts, culture and heritage. Enter as many films as you like – complete a separate entry form for each film.
POSTAGE: All postage costs are the responsibility of the sender.
PROMO USE: RAFFA reserves the right to use part or all the film for promotional purposes.
The film festival committee reserves the right to review entries they consider inappropriate for our film festival audiences – see below.
Film Content and Treatment
Mature themes are acceptable but their treatment must be suitable for young teenage viewers.
If you are unsure if your film fits within the guidelines below, please contact the committee to discuss: [email protected]
• The use of strong language must be rare.
• Violence must be used appropriately within the context of the film eg. Martial arts in a Kung Fu movie.
• Graphic sex scenes cannot be used.
• Sex of a violent nature should not be used unless essential to the context and narrative of the film.
• No one underage can be depicted as taking part in any sexual activity.
• The effects of taking drugs cannot be glamorised.
Use of motor vehicles
• The rules of the current New Zealand Road Code apply.
Applications to the Raglan Old School Arts Centre
EMAIL [email protected]
POST 5 Stewart St, Raglan 3225
Old School office is open Mon-Fri, 10am-2pm.