Talented local filmmakers gathered at the Raglan Old School Arts Centre on Saturday for the 2013 Red Carpet Awards Night.
Celebrating the achievements of local filmmakers and actors, the evening marked the grand finale of the Raglan Film Festival.
Guests were treated to a delicious buffet dinner and a showing of RAFFA-nominated films, before the 2013 winners were revealed.
This year’s RAFFA Awards were presented to:
- Music Video Award: Cornerstone Roots for Take Me Through My Life.
- Best Director Award: Ben Lenzner for The Backwards Rider.
- Best Actress Award: Vanessa Moltzen in Restless.
- Best Short Film Award: KASM and Juan Duazo for A Hoe Coastal Journey.
- RAFFA Feature Film Award: James Brown for Red, White Black and Blue.
Young Talent Award: Mungo Bates for Déjà vu Skate.
For the first time in the history of the awards, each winner was presented with a cash prize, as well as a custom-designed trophy from local steel artists Philip and Emily Meek. Winner of the Young Talent Award, Mungo Bates, was presented with $200.
Certificates were also presented to the following RAFFA nominees, in recognition of the high-quality calibre of their entries:
- Dave Duffin and Kurt Oram for Roy Stuart, Surfer.
- Mike O’Neill and Lyn Kriegler for Khushi.
- Juan Duazo for Silent Might
- Micah Puklowski for Restless.
The organisers of the festival wish to thank: the Raglan Soccer Mums for their tasty catering; Lucretia Perkins for serving refreshments; paparazzi Jwan Milek for capturing all the red carpet action; MC Ruth Port; festival sponsors DroidWorx, Stendy Electrical, PiwiWiwi Campers, Grolsch Beer, Whaingaroa Environment Centre, Creative Communities NZ (Waikato District), Raglan Club and Raglan Community Radio; the filmmakers for sharing their talents and the Raglan community for supporting this year’s festival.